Everyone in my life says that I am “way too sensitive” and it’s frustrating. I love the fact that I feel so deeply, but I don’t like everyone thinking I am overreacting. Is there something wrong with me?
There are lots of people in the world who are very aware of and in tune with their own emotions and the emotions of others. EFT Master Rue Hass describes this as having a “sensitive temperament”. People with sensitive temperaments feel very deeply their own emotions and the emotions of those in their lives.
There is nothing wrong with having a sensitive temperament, but it can be hard having a sensitive temperament because you can feel that your emotions are out of control and that others don’t understand what you are experiencing.
When I interviewed Rue for Pod #7 – Sensitive Temperaments she talked about how we can use EFT to feel more comfortable as a person who has a sensitive temperament.
During the interview she talked about ways in which we can use EFT in this process.
Below is a number of thoughts and resources that Rue (Intuitive Mentoring) provided me after the interview on how to understand sensitive temperaments and how to work with that point of view.
Blessings of Sensitive Temperaments
The essence of the sensitive temperament is the spirit of:
- Imagination (Flow, Movement, Flexibility, Growth, Change, and Expansion)
The intention of the person with a sensitive temperament is to foster:
- Profound awareness of sensations
- Loving goodness
- Mission to bring peace
- Deep sense of connection
- Vision of possibilities/Idealism
- High standards
- Intuitive, empathic, perceptive
- Sense of unity, oneness
- Deep sense of joy, beauty
- Love of nature
Struggles of Sensitive Temperaments
Common worries, struggles, and questions of people with sensitive temperaments are:
- What is wrong with me?
- Told I am too energetic, too smart, too talkative, too emotional
- I am not good enough
- I can’t express who I am
- Let me out , I’m trapped
- I am all alone, no one understands
- I have to tough it out and soldier on
- I have to save the world before I can tend to myself
- I have to make the world a better, safer place, so that I can be here
- Only death will bring me peace
- Compulsive helping, boundary issues
- Low self worth
- Fear, anger, shame, grief
- Chronic emotional/physical pain, illness
A profound tool that can be used with EvEFT is to reframe our point of view. A reframe is nothing more than looking at something in a new way. Some common ways to reframe the characteristics of people with sensitive temperaments are to:
- See Too Sensitive/Overwhelm as Profound awareness of sensations
- See Compulsive Helping as Mission to bring peace
- See Boundary Issues as Deep sense of connection
- See Perfectionism as Vision of possibilities
Tapping Phrases if You Have a Sensitive Temperament
Here are a number tapping phrases that sensitive temperaments can use as a jumping off point:
- Especially because I LOVE THAT I AM SO SENSITIVE…
- I CHOOSE to deepen and expand my sensitivity in even more powerful wonderful ways.
- I hunger for deep and meaningful relationships. I make creating and maintaining a good and satisfying relationship with myself my first priority.
- I have a mission of bringing peace into the world, I CHOOSE a mission of bringing peace into my own life. I deserve this!
- I CHOOSE TO STAND UP FOR MYSELF, and express who I am with love and a light heart.
- I CHOOSE to love and appreciate and honor this world-changing soul quality that I embody. The world needs what I have to offer. I am ready to be more!